Monday, August 22, 2011

Sushi Salad.."You'll have some!"

"You'll have some!" is one of the phrases I say the most-especially to my husband. It is from the movie Mr. and Mrs. Smith. Angelina Jolie is dishing out some green beans and she asks Brad Pitt if he would like any, and he says "No, thanks." So she scoops some out, and puts it on his plate, and says, "You'll have some." Hilarious. We both say this, and its pretty funny when we do it.

Anyways, back to the recipe of the day...

Who doesn't love sushi? It is the best.. It is delicious, filling, and so pretty! I have enjoyed wedded bliss for the past 3 months, and honey its been great, but you know what is creeping on..:

Oh the sacrifice of being plump happy

Anyways, so I started today doing what I did before the big day! Low carb-pros for me: totally takes away any craving for anything because its so strict, and once your body gets used to not having sugar, flour-it stops wanting it..con-can we say cranky!  Then I transfer to something healthy-basically it just helps keep my appetite in check!

This being said, I have enjoyed sushi at least once a week all summer long! Guess what, no sushi on low carb. So I searched and searched and found this recipe for sushi salad: california roll style :)

I am going to post the recipe that I found, expect I omitted the rice and the sugar.


California Roll Style Salad

  • 1/2 cup uncooked white rice
  • 1 cup water
  •  
  • 1 small head iceberg lettuce, shredded
  • 1 English cucumber, cut into 1 inch strips
  • 2 avocados - peeled, pitted, and cubed
  • 2 cups shredded imitation crabmeat
  •  
  • 2 teaspoons wasabi powder, or to taste
  • 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
  • 1 tablespoon soy sauce
  • 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
  • 1 tablespoon white sugar
  • 1 teaspoon sesame oil

Cook Rice--set aside. Shred lettuce, cut cucumber, cut avocado, shred crabmeat-combine. Then combine the wasabi, mayo, soy sauce, rice vinegar, sugar, and sesame oil-Toss everything together and serve! 

Enjoy!! 

ps-at this point in my blog-I know that I am writing for myself..no biggie..very therapeutic, and maybe it will keep me accountable for my eating healthier! 

No comments:

Post a Comment